Your clinic may have cases where you want to charge a different amount for an item if a customer buys in certain amounts or in bulk. This can be accomplished through tier pricing. This is available for all billable item types, although it is primarily used with inventory items.
- To get started, go to Menu > Settings > Products & Services > Procedures or Labs or Menu > Inventory > Inventory Management then edit the item and check the Has Tier Pricing? checkbox on the item.
- Click on Edit Details if another window doesn't automatically open.
- From the Manage Tier Pricing screen, configure tiers and their respective pricing.
- By default, there will not be any active tiers.
- You can activate one by clicking on the red dot. Like other parts of the program it will change to green and you can enter pricing on the left. If you need another tier, you can activate the next one below it and repeat as needed.
Min Quantity: The client will have to purchase at least this many to get the pricing.
Markup: If your clinic uses markups to control pricing, you can set a markup here so the tier prices update when you receive new inventory on a purchase order.
Price: Unit price that should be charged at that quantity or higher (each).
- If you have multiple tiers, the price will change once the next Min Quantity is reached. Here is an example of a tier that has been set up and how pricing will be handled.
- In this example, tiers have been configured for 3, 6 or 12. Even though it isn't in the screenshot, the item's regular price for this example will be $12.00. Pricing would be these amounts as the quantity of the item is increased.
|Min Qty 3||Min Qty 6||Min Qty 12|