Security is our Top Priority!
In the next few months, we're going to roll out a security update that will tighten up the security of eVetPractice and make it easier to keep up with industry best practices.
What is changing?
Honestly....not much from a workflow and visual standpoint. Most of the impact is behind the scenes. The steps to login will be exactly the same.
- Login page - The design of the login page will look different
- Username requirement - A username will need to be a valid email address going forward
We highly encourage everyone to make sure their username is an email address prior to the update being released.
How to make the transition as smooth as possible?
- Starting today, start to use an email address as the username when creating new Employee and Client accounts.
- You can ensure that your username is an email address. If your username already is an email address you're good to go! If it's not, we've outlined steps on how to change a username below.*
* If you don't have access to change your username, please ask a Business Owner/Business Manager to assist you.
Steps to change a Username:
- Log into your eVetPractice account.
- Navigate to the Setting Menu (Gear Icon)
- Click on Employees.
- Scroll down to your name and click the Edit icon.
- Click Login Information to expand the section.
- Click Save once you've replaced your current username with a valid email address.
If you have any questions, or receive an error stating the username is already in use, please email the Support team the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Practice name
- First and last name of user
- If it's an Employee or Client account
- Current username
- New username preferred (email address)