Background and caveats
Perform a bulk import of all current Antech lab reference codes for your practice. This comes with a couple of important caveats:
- All current Antech codes are imported, including small and large animal codes and unique codes for United States and Canadian markets.
- Codes will import with their currently published cost. Special or per-practice pricing is not imported, and prices do not sync when they are updated by Antech.
- By default, the program is set to calculate price of an imported Antech reference lab by marking up cost by 200%.
Support recommends proceeding with caution if a practice only uses a handful of Antech reference labs. Best practice for clinics that only use a small subset of Antech labs is to add the subset of items manually rather than preforming a bulk import and filtering through the entire catalog.
Bulk importing Antech reference lab codes
To import lab codes, you first must create a new lab category and have no codes in it. You can do that by going to Labs, then clicking the Lab link next to the lab category drop down. We recommend you name the category something like Antech Codes.
After the empty category is created, go back to Antech Setup, scroll down to Order Codes and expand that section. Then select the lab category. You will be given an option to Populate Lab Codes from Antech. Once you click the button to import, please wait until it completes. This process could take several minutes as it is importing many hundreds of lab items.
Antech Lab Item Setup and Configuration
Additional guidelines after preforming a bulk import are:
- Lab Items - Delete items you do not need and inactivate (turn red) items you do not currently need but may have a need for in the future.
- Pricing - Verify markup percentage to all items and/or define Price
- Cost - Verify and change costs (to the practice), if necessary, especially if your practice has any cost related contractual pricing that is different.
- Linked Inventory Item / Linked Procedure - Link Labs to inventory items and procedures that should be linked together. If you need to a link a lab to more than one inventory item or more than one Procedure, use Packages instead. See Linking Billable Items
- Reminder Setup and Reminder Associations - Add reminder associations to any old lab codes from your old system’s lab billable items, if being replaced. See Attaching a Reminder to a Billable Item
- Inactivate old Antech Lab Billable Items - If applicable, inactive (turn red) any old Antech Lab Billable Items that are being replaced with the new downloaded ones.
- Packages - If Packages were migrated, update any Packages that used your old codes to use newly imported Antech codes. See Creating Packages