Background and caveats
Perform a bulk import of all current IDEXX VetConnect lab reference codes for your practice. This comes with a couple of important caveats:
- All current IDEXX codes are imported, including small and large animal codes and unique codes for United States and Canadian markets.
- Codes will import with their currently published cost. Special or per-practice pricing is not imported, and prices do not sync when they are updated by IDEXX.
Support recommends proceeding with caution if a practice only uses a handful of IDEXX reference labs. Best practice for clinics that only use a small subset of IDEXX labs is to add the subset of items manually rather than preforming a bulk import and filtering through the entire catalog.
Bulk importing IDEXX VetConnect codes
To import lab codes, you first must create a new lab category and have no codes in it.
- Go to the Menu > Settings > Products & Services > Labs.
- Click on the three dots (Action button) and click on Manage Categories.
- From the Add Category panel, enter the Name. We recommend IDEXX Reference Codes.
- Select Lab from the Item Type drop-down list.
- Click Save.
After the empty category is created:
- Go back to Menu > Settings > Integrations > IDEXX Setup.
- Scroll down to Order Codes and expand that section.
- Select the lab category, IDEXX Reference Codes. You will be given an option to import codes. Once you click the button to import, please wait until it completes.
IDEXX Lab Item Setup and Configuration
Additional guidelines after preforming a bulk import are:
- Lab Items - Delete items you do not need and inactivate (turn red) items you do not currently need but may have a need for in the future.
- Pricing - Verify markup percentage to all items and/or define Price
- Cost - Verify and change costs (to the practice), if necessary, especially if your practice has any cost related contractual pricing that is different.
- Linked Inventory Item / Linked Service- Link Labs to inventory items and services that should be linked together. If you need to a link a lab to more than one inventory item or more than one service, use Packages instead. See Linking Billable Items
- Reminder Setup and Reminder Associations - Add reminder associations to any old lab codes from your old system’s lab billable items, if being replaced. See Attaching a Reminder to a Billable Item
- Inactivate old IDEXX Lab Billable Items - If applicable, inactivate (turn red) any old IDEXX Lab Billable Items that are being replaced with the new downloaded ones.
- Packages - If Packages were migrated, update any Packages that used your old codes to use newly imported IDEXX codes. See Creating Packages