From the Referral Letter screen, there will be a box to check for Email Client?. First, you may want to verify the following options have been put into place.
Enable Referral System
Verify Referral System has been enabled. If you do not have this option, you will need to talk to your practice manager about adding the Referral System Manager employee role. For more information on employee roles, please see this article - Employee Roles.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > General > Miscellaneous Settings.
- Scroll down and click the checkbox to Enable Referral System.
- Click Save.
Make sure the client has an email address.
- Go to the client record.
- Click on General Information.
- Under Client Details enter the client's email address if one is not already there.
Referral System Management
If a referring hospital and/or doctor has not already been entered into the system, go to Menu > Settings > Medical Setup > Patient Referral System.
Click the links to Add Referral Letter Template, Add Referral Hospital, and/or Add Referral Doctor. For more detailed information, refer to the article How do I add a Referral Hospital and Doctor.
Patient Referral Record
Add a referral record to the patient's record.
- Select the patient.
- From the patient's medical record, click on the General Information tab.
- Scroll down to Patient Referrals.
- Click the link Create Referral Record.
- Select the Referring Hospital and/or Referring Doctor.
- Click Save.
Edit Referral Record
Edit the referral record to access the options to email or print referral letters.
- From the patient record, General Information tab, scroll down to Patient Referrals.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the referral record.
- If necessary, scroll down to click the links to email or print referral letter.
- The screen will display the Referral Letter for <PatientName>.
- The option to Email client? can be checked if the referral letter should be emailed to the client.
- In this screen, if a referring hospital or doctor email exists, the Email Client? will be unchecked.
- If an email does not exist for the hospital or doctor, the box will be checked by default.
- If the client has no email, the Email Client? will not be shown.
- After filling in the remaining fields and text, when ready, click Send Email.