Any time you add a communication entry, you can determine if it should appear on the patient/client profile, the patient's medical record, or both.
- Navigate to the Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > General.
- Expand the "Medical Record Settings" section.
- These are the specific settings you have to choose from:
- If neither of these are checked off, then communication entries will default to only appearing on the client/patient profiles (individual entries can be changed to appear on the medical record).
- If only the first is selected (as in the example), then communication entries will default to appearing on the medical record electronically only meaning that your staff can see the entries when they view the medical record online, but they will not be printed or emailed on the medical record if you need to send it to someone outside your organization.
- If both are selected, then by default all communication entries will appear on the medical record in both electronic and printed/emailed forms.
Make sure to save your selections at the bottom of the page once completed.