This article will show you how to create, edit, deactivate and/or relocate breeds associated with a specified species.
- Click on the Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > Patient Classification.
Adding a New Breed
- Select the species from the Species drop-down list that you would like to associate with the Breed.
- Click the Add Breed button available on the right side of the page.
- A panel opens to create the new breed.
You may also change the species the breed is going to be created for using the Species drop-down list. By default, this drop-down list is set to the species selected on the page.
NOTE: The name provided for the breed should be unique within the species it’s being created for, otherwise, the corresponding validation will be triggered.
Edit Existing Breed
- Select the species you want to edit the breed for from the Species drop-down list.
- Press the edit icon available in front of the breed you want to edit.
- On the panel that appears, edit the breed’s name or deactivate this breed.
- Once you have your breed edited, click Save.
- Now the edited breed will display in the Breed drop-down list on the Patient profile page.
The name provided for the breed should be unique within the species it’s being created for, otherwise, the corresponding validation will be triggered.
You can also relocate this breed from one species into another. In order to do that, select the new target species in the corresponding drop-down list.
Bulk Operations on Breeds
You may also perform bulk operations on the breeds available for one species.
- Click in the checkboxes to select the breeds you want to perform the bulk operations on.
- Once the breeds are selected the Bulk Operation panel appears where you can Activate, Deactivate or Relocate the selected breeds.
- To activate the selected breeds press Activate on the Bulk Operation panel.
If you perform the Activate operation on the already Active breeds, they will remain active.
- To deactivate the selected breeds, press Deactivate on the Bulk Operation panel.
If you perform the deactivate operation on the already inactive breeds, they will remain inactive.
Relocate Individual Breeds
- To Relocate the selected individual breeds, press Relocate on the Bulk Operations panel.
- On the panel that appears, select the species you want relocated to the breed then click Save.
As not all breeds of the species are selected for relocation then the From drop-down list displays individual breeds that are going to be relocated.
Relocate the Species
- To Relocate the species, click the Select All breeds checkbox.
- Press Relocate on the Bulk Operation panel.
- On the panel that appears, select the target species you want relocated to the selected species then click Save.
- As all the breeds of the species are selected for relocation, the From drop-down displays the species itself that is going to be relocated.
- You will also want to select the option Delete source after relocation before you click on the Save button to delete the species you are trying to relocate.