Client Classifications will give you the ability to categorize your clients by their client type. Examples of client classification uses are for marking referrals, rescue, tax rate differences, etc.
Creating a New Client Classification
- Go to the Menu > Settings > Client Engagement > Client Classification.
- Select Add Client Classification.
- From the panel, enter a Code and Name. The code and name can be anything of your choosing.
- Click Save to save the new client classification.
Updating Existing Client Classifications
- To edit an existing Client Classification, click on the Edit icon available in front of the Client Classification you want to edit.
The corresponding Client Classification attributes become editable and you can update the Code and/or Name of this Client Classification directly in the table.
- Once you have the Client Classification edited, hit the check icon available in front of the edited line item.
Now the edited Client Classification will display in the corresponding drop-down on the Client profile page.
Bulk Operation on Client Classifications
Perform bulk operations on the Client Classifications using the quick edit popover.
First, use the checkboxes to the left of the classifications to select the Client Classifications you want to perform the bulk operations on.
Once the Client Classifications are selected, the quick edit popover appears where you can Activate or Deactivate, Relocate, or Cancel the operation.
- To Activate the selected Client Classifications click Activate on the quick edit popover.
NOTE: If you perform the Activate operation on the already Active Client Classifications, they will remain Active.
- To Deactivate the selected Client Statuses, press Deactivate on the quick edit popover.
NOTE: If you perform the Deactivate operation on the already inactive Client Statuses, they will remain inactive.
- In some cases, you may need to relocate a Client Classification to a different Client Classification. If so, press Relocate on the quick edit popover.
Select the target classification you would like the selected classifications to moved to. You also have the ability to delete a source after relocating it by checking off Delete source after relocation.
- Click Cancel to close the panel without saving changes.
Adding a Client Classification to a Client
Once you have added client classifications, you can assign a classification to a client by navigating to their client profile and selecting the Client Classification from the Classification drop-down list located in the General Information section.