The program comes loaded with many different species and this article will show you how to create, edit and deactivate species available in the set up for your practice.
To start managing your species:
- Click the Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > Patient Classifications.
Creating a New Species
- To create a new species, click located to the right next to the Species drop-down list.
The species created will now display in the Species drop-down list on the Patient profile page.
Editing an Existing Species
- Select the species you want to edit from the Species drop-down list.
- Click on the Edit pencil .
- In the panel that appears, edit the species name, Icon, and/or sexes applicable for this species.
Note: The Name provided should be unique, otherwise the corresponding validation will be triggered.
- Once you have your species edited, click Save.
Now the edited species will display in the Species drop-down list on the Patient profile page.
Deactivating an Existing Species
- To deactivate an existing species, select the active species you want to deactivate from the Species drop-down list.
- Press the Edit pencil.
- In the panel that appears, change the Active toggle to the Inactive state.
The deactivated species will not display in the Species drop-down list on the Patient profile page.
Relocate the Species
- To Relocate the species, click the Select All breeds checkbox.
- Press Relocate on the Bulk Operation panel.
- On the panel that appears, select the target species you want relocated to the selected species then click Save.
- As all the breeds of the species are selected for relocation, the From drop-down displays the species itself that is going to be relocated.
- You will also want to select the option Delete source after relocation before you click on the Save button to delete the species you are trying to relocate.