To add or update default settings for your Practice, go to the Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > System Defaults.
The System Defaults are displayed in three columns: Patients, Clients, and Estimates.
The following defaults can be defined when new patients are created. However, when a new patient is created, the user is able to change the default setting, if it doesn't fit the patient's profile.
- Default Species: Select the default species.
- Default Sex: This defines the default sex when creating a new patient.
- Default Provider: This is the default employee who will provide the medical care.
- Weight Unit: This is the default setting for patient weight.
- Temperature Unit: This is the default unit for patient temperatures.
- Temperature Route: This is the default for where the temperature is taken on the patient.
- Inventory Category: The inventory category will be the default category when adding or updating inventory categories.
- Procedure (Service) Category: The procedure category will be the default category when adding or updating procedure categories.
- Lab Category: The lab category will be the default category when adding or updating lab categories.
The following defaults when new clients are created are defined here. However, when a new client is created, the user is able to change the default setting, if it doesn't fit the client's profile.
- Default Client Classification: Select a classification from the drop-down list, if a default is preferred.
- Country: Select the default country.
- Default City: Select the city most of your customers reside in.
- Default State: Select the default state.
- Default Postal Code: Enter the default zip code.
- Default County: Enter the default county where most of your clients reside.
Default settings for new estimates.
- The Default Estimate Name will display as the new Estimate name in Quick Links and Estimate screens.
- The Default Estimate Expiration Period (days) will be the default number of days that an Estimate will expire after created. Enter any positive number between 0 and 999.
To apply changes made in the System Defaults screen, click Save.