Question: How to submit an Abaxis Lab Order?
The integration just receives the results right now, it will not send requests to the analyzers. To ensure that lab results import into the medical record submit the lab order prior to running the sample by following these steps:
- Add the order code to the patient’s record
- Repeat for other tests needed
- Submit the order, there is nothing to print
- Go to analyzer and enter the patient id, choose tests to run, and process lab work
- Once analyzer is done, it will transmit results to Abaxis’s cloud
- Pulse will pull results from Abaxis Cloud Service and place them in the patient’s record and the lab dashboard.
If the results do not show up on the patient’s medical record, check the unassigned lab results. If the results were entered before the lab order was submitted, or if the incorrect patient ID was entered, the results could show in the unassigned labs section.
- Click Home menu > Labs menu
- Scroll down to the Unassigned Lab Results section.
- Identify a result you want to assign to a patient. Click double arrow icon on the far left
- Enter patient name last name or patient ID to perform a patient search.
- Select the desired patient from the search results.
- Click on the Lab Order drop down and select (if any) the desired lab order to link it to. If there is not a lab order that matches, just leave it as it is.
- Click Save.