The changes to staff login also comes with a new feature, Account Linking. Staff that currently have login credentials for multiple practices will now be able to link those logins together, resulting in one set of login credentials for all accounts. Upon login, they will be able to select which practice they would like to access.
In these steps we will be referring to two types of accounts:
- Main Account - the account credentials you would like to use as your primary login to eVetPractice
- Secondary Account(s) - accounts you would like to link to your main account
- Close all browsers on the machine, and open a new browser.
- Navigate to https://login.evetpractice.com. Please bookmark this site to use for logging into eVetPractice going forward.
- Log in with the credentials of the Main Account you would like to use to log into eVetPractice.
- Click the user menu icon in the top right corner, and select 'Link Accounts'.
- The dialog shows the user you have currently logged in as. If this is the user with the credentials you would like to use as your Main Account, click 'Link Account'. (If not, please log in with the user whose credentials you would like to use.)
- In order to link an account, you will need to provide the credentials of the Secondary Account you would like to link. On the next screen, enter the credentials for the Secondary Account you would like to link and click 'Log In'.
- If the account was linked successfully, you will be redirected back to eVetPractice into the practice you first logged into for this process (your Main Account) with a success message. Note: If you are logged into a different practice than the one you originally logged into, please log out and use the bookmark created in step #2 to log back in with your Main Account credentials.
- Continue the process from step #4 for all Secondary Accounts you would like to link to your Main Account.
The next time you log in with your Main Account credentials provided in step 1, you will see a practice selection page listing all practices for which you have linked accounts.
- Linking accounts that are associated with a group.
- Linking accounts that are within the same practice or group.