Issues or Symptoms
Adding an exam to a patient's medical record is not showing the desired exam form option for selection.
- Exam forms are specific to the practice's species or classifications.
- Exam form is inactive.
- Patient is missing or has the wrong species in their general information tab.
- Grouped practices with classifications that are not spelled the same and/or have different cases used (Practice A has CANINE while Practice B has Canine).
Resolution or Workaround
- Set the exam form to "active".
- Add or update the patient's species.
- For group practices, make sure all species and breeds have the same spelling and case across each practice.
- How do I create and edit exam forms?
- How can I remove or consolidate species and breeds?
- How to update the patient's signalment in the medical record?