Question: How do I remove items from an invoice that has payments applied towards it?
Answer: Based on the payment history towards that invoice, you may take more or less steps to free up the items on the invoice to remove. This article explains how to remove items from a paid or partially paid on invoice.
- Go to the client screen.
- Scroll down to the invoice under the Account Balance section.
- You will see the table that shows Invoice Number, Invoice Total, Amount Paid, and Amount Due. If there is a value above $0.00 in "Amount Paid", that indicates payments applied towards that invoice.
- Click "View History"
- Locate any receipts associated with the specific invoice.
- You will have to Void Payment on any payment receipts associated with that invoice.
- Void in order from most recently paid, and descending until you void all receipts of payment made towards that invoice.
- This will completely reopen the invoice, and automatically change the invoice status to open
- Click on the description link of the item to go to the Treatment screen.
- Click on the remove icon on the left side of the screen.
- It is important that after you make changes to the invoice, that you reprocess the original payments as you received them. See below on how to change the deposit date on payments reprocessed.