Receiving Purchase Orders in Covetrus Pulse is a straightforward process that allows you to efficiently manage your inventory.
Here’s a 3-minute video overview of receiving purchase orders:
- Navigate to Menu > Inventory > Purchase Orders.
- Click the Edit pencil located next to the order you want to receive.
- Click the Receive Order button.
- Click Receive for the first item that was shipped.
- A new window will open where you can enter the quantity received, quantity back-ordered, expiration date, and lot number.
- You also have the option to update Cost/Price.
Entering Quantity: Enter the quantity received. If it’s less than what was ordered, the system will split this item into a second item with the remaining quantity yet to be received.Managing Lots: If you enter an expiration date and lot number, the system will create a lot for this receipt of the item. If the item doesn’t have lots currently set up, the system will create a new lot with the current on-hand quantity, and then add another lot for the quantity received.
Remember, the Use Lots? option cannot be unchecked if the item has active lots. Once the item has no active lots, the Use Lots? can be unchecked.
Updating Costs and Prices: If a service is linked to the inventory item, the service cost will be updated to match the receipt of the item. If the service has a markup specified, the price of the service will be adjusted as well.
Saving Changes: Once you’re done editing the item, you can save and return to the purchase order screen, save and go to the next, or save and close.
Closing Orders: Once the order has been completely received, the order status will be set to ‘Closed’.