Question: How do I uninstall lab software for in-house integrations? How do I uninstall the eVetPractice File Watcher? How do I uninstall IDEXX interlink?
Lab integration software can be uninstalled so that new software can be setup or to relocate the software to a new computer. When relocating the software to a new computer, it must be fully uninstalled before reaching out to support to install onto a new computer.
Uninstalling eVetPractice FileWatcher and IDEXX Interlink
Note: Make sure to close out the applications before uninstalling
1. Open the Control Panel
2. Under Programs > select Uninstall a program
3. Locate 'eVetPractice FileWatcher with IDEXX Support' > click application> select uninstall
4. Locate 'IDEXX InterLink' > click application > uninstall
5. Navigate back to your desktop
6. Right-click on the Windows Icon on the taskbar > select 'run'
7. Type in shell:startup > select 'OK'
7. Delete the applications from this folder by clicking on them and selecting delete or drag to recycle bin and empty it.
Note: Once the uninstall is complete Restart the computer to be sure the uninstall is complete. If the File Watcher is appearing again follow the steps below to remove the configuration file.
Removing the Configuration File for File Watcher
- Open the File Explorer
- In the File Path type %appdata% and hit enter (You may need to select allow hidden files)
- Click on the AppData folder in the file path > and select the Local folder > then the Evetpractice folder
- Delete or Drag the configuration file to the Recycle Bin
- Restart the computer again