To submit a Zoetis Reference Labs Order, you must first add the lab as a treatment on the medical record. To do so, navigate to the Medical Record and click Treatment to add a treatment.
Once you choose which test you would like to order, click on Lab Order. You can add multiple tests and have them submitted in the same order. However, once an order is submitted you can no longer add additional lab tests. A new order will need to be created for any newly added items.
From here, you can review and edit the order details.
- The Doctor.
- The Date of Birth for the patient.
- Review the list of Lab Items to be ordered.
- Save, Cancel or Submit the order.
- Save Order will just save the changes.
- Submit Order will transmit the order to Zoetis Reference Labs.
- Cancel Order will flag the order as canceled. The test codes will still stay on the record and will need to be removed.
Tip: If you do not see your preferred provider visible in the Doctor selection for order submissions, please navigate to your eVetPractice Settings. From the ZNLabs Setup module ensure the provider is properly configured under Provider Mapping.
Once Submitted, you will have the ability to download/view the order manifest so that it can be printed and sent with the sample. You also have the ability to add tests to the order up until the order reaches a Final Status.