A new filter option has been added (June 2022) to the Accounts Receivable Report to 'Include PAID invoices'. This will allow users to generate reports on paid invoices as well as unpaid to help in billing reconciliation.
How it works
When selecting 'Include PAID invoices' in the report criteria:
- A new section is added to the report named 'Total Paid'. If 'Show grouped by provider' is selected, the new section displays below the providers section. When 'Show grouped by provider' is not selected, the 'Total Paid' section displays below the 'Amount Still Owed' section.
The outstanding balance section is grouped under 'Amount Still Owed' and Paid Invoices for the specified date range is group under 'Total Paid'
- The 'Total Paid' section lists the client records with the Invoiced Amount/Paid amount for the specified date range.
- The 'Total Paid' section contains the following columns:
Client - Client name
Phone – Client phone number
Invoice Age – Amount Invoiced and paid against the invoice based on the specified range Invoiced/paid today (current), 1-30 days, 31-60 days, 61-90 days, 91-120 days and >120 days
Total Invoiced – Total amount invoiced for the client
Paid To Date – Total amount paid against the invoice from the client
Totals – Grand Totals on amount columns
- The report displays the data under the 'Total paid' section only when the invoice exists for the specified date range and it is independent of the 'Amount Still Owed' section. i.e. when a client does not have any outstanding balance or if client doesn’t satisfy minimum balance criteria, that client will not be displayed in the amount still owed section, but if the client has any invoices with invoice date in that specified range the client record will be populated in the Total Paid section.
When selected, the 'Include PAID invoices' section has been added to the report and is available in PDF and Excel downloads.
PDF Changes: New section displays below Amount still owed section if Grouping by provider is not checked, if group by provider is checked Total Paid section comes below Providers section
Excel changes: New sheet with the name “Total Paid” is added to Excel when Include PAID
invoice filter condition is applied.
- New filter option will be applied only to Date range, Invoice Age and client information.
- Inactive/Deleted clients will be excluded from the section as well.
- Changes will not have any impact on generate statements, Generate and email statements is only applicable on Amount Still Owed section
- Filter name 'Overdue Period' is renamed as 'Invoice Age'
- ** It is not recommended to select 'Include PAID invoices' when the Invoice Age is set to 'All', as it will try to return all paid invoices for your practice without a date range.