Watch the video:
Billable Items are anything that can be sold in a clinic. This includes Products like pet food or prescription drugs, Services like spay surgeries or pet grooming, Lab tests, and Packages or any combination of those items. Services and Labs are managed under this new framework with the others coming in the future.
To manage Services or Labs, from the Menu, click on Settings > Products & Services > Services or Settings > Products & Services > Labs. Both options will bring you to the same screen, only with different filters preset. From here you will see the Product & Services Management screen with a list of all your Services or Labs.
Searching & Filtering
You can search by using the Search control at the top of the page. You can search by the following fields:
- Internal Name
- Invoice Name
You can also filter by clicking on the filter icon and making selections from the Filter by flyout.
- Status - Using the checkboxes, you can choose to show/hide all active items or all inactive items.
- Item Type - Using the checkboxes, choose to show/hide all services or labs.
- Other Filters - Below is a brief description of the other filter options:
- Has Markup - This will show any item where the cost and the price are not the same.
- Has Reminder - This will show any item with at least one entry in the Automated Reminders & Callbacks card.
- Is Vaccine - This will show any item where the Vaccine Details fields are filled in.
- Has Client Notes - This will show any item where the Client Notes is not empty.
- Is Taxable - This will show any item with a selected value in the Tax Level control other than None.
- Has Tier Pricing - This will show any item with an active Tier Pricing row.
- Has Linked Items - This will show any item with at least one item linked in the Linked Items card.
- Has Restrictions - This will show any item with a Species selected in the Restrictions card.
You can use the bulk editing interface to make changes to any number of items at once. To open the Bulk Edit interface, check any of the boxes on the left side of the item list table. The top box on the header row will select all items on that page. To select all items on all pages of the list, click the Select all xxx items link.
- Edit - Modify several field values for all selected items at once. The following fields can be updated using the Bulk Edit interface:
- Item Type - Change all selected items to a Lab or a Service. Items of that type will not be changed.
- Category - Set the category for all selected items to the same category. Note: This requires all selected items be of the same item type.
- Cost ($) - Sets the cost of the selected items to the same value. This will automatically recalculate and update Markup.
- Cost (%) - Sets the cost of the selected items to their current value times the percentage entered. (ex. $100 item with 105 entered will make the item $105, if 95 is entered, the item will be $95)
- Price ($) - Sets the price of the selected items to the same value. This will automatically recalculate and update Markup.
- Price (%) - Sets the price of the selected items to their current value times the percentage entered.
- Markup - Sets the markup to the value entered. This will automatically recalculate and update Price as well.
- Markup (%) - Sets the markup of the selected items to their current value times the percentage entered. (ex. 25% item with 120 entered will make the item 30%, if 80 is entered, the item will be 20%). This will automatically recalculate and update Price as well.
- Selecting Multiple Pricing Field to Edit - Some price related fields can be edited at the same time, but several are prohibited as they would cause inconsistent results. The field combinations below can be edited at the same time:
- Cost & Markup (price is automatically updated)
- Cost & Price (markup is automatically update)
- Activate - Activates all selected items. If Active and Inactive items are selected, active items will stay active.
- Deactivate - Deactivates all selected items. If Active and Inactive items are selected, inactive items will stay inactive.
- Delete - Deletes all selected items.
- Cancel - Deselects all items and closed the Bulk Edit interface.
From the right most column of the table, you can access the Action menu with the following options that apply to the row selected:
- Deactivate - Deactivates the item.
- Edit - Opens the Edit Item screen for that item. This is the same function as if you clicked on name of the item in the table.
- Copy - Opens the Create Item with all the values of the selected item prefilled and " - Copy" added to the end of the Internal Name field.
- Delete - Deletes the item.
- WhoGot Report - Opens the WhoGot report interface for the item.
Creating and Editing Billable Items
Items can be created using the button above the right side of the table. It will show Add Service if Services are selected from the filter and Add Lab if Labs is selected. The item type that is not shown is available by clicking the down arrow on the right of the button.
Detailed instructions for each type can be found at the links below:
1) Manage Categories
Managing categories is done by opening the main menu for the table and selecting Manage Categories.
Detailed instructions for using the Manage Categories feature can be found at the link below:
2) Download as Excel
Export the billable item list using the Download as Excel link.